2 weeks ago
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
I woke up this Mother's day with a very different appreciation for Mother's Day than I ever had before. Every Mother's Day, I have always thanked my Mom for being the best mom with the "traditional" card and a gift. And even when I experienced my "own" first Mother' day with Isaac a few years ago, I thought how special it was to have this day to be honored by my son, my very own child, wow! But, for the first time (3 beautiful sons later), I really thought about all that my own mother has done through the years for her children and grandchildren. I thought about my mother-in-law, sister-in-laws, and numerous mommy friends that I now appreciate so differently for the sacrifices they have made by becoming mothers and the many sacrifices they will continue to make. I thought about my friends who cannot have children or will not have anymore children and what this day may mean to them. Maybe once I became more "selfless," I realized how "selfish" I once was. Or maybe I just didn't truly realize what a blessing motherhood is. I wish it hadn't taken be this long in life to really appreciate all those mothers out there. And man, I am blessed that God gave me these three amazing boys to teach me these valuable things I'm learning…Every. Single. Day. Motherhood is a blessing!






1 comments:
So true, Corrina! and YOU are a blessing to your family. Love you!
Post a Comment