We have progressed!!!! Last week I knew I would run out of diapers for Isaac before my next shipment from Amazon was delivered. So, I told Isaac that we were out of diapers. I explained that I only had enough for naptime and bedtime. Combine that with being outside all weekend in beautiful 80 degree weather, being able to pee on the grass outside, and with just physically seeming to be more ready (able to hold it much longer between pottying, able to stand up and pee, able to pull pants up and down on own, etc.) we have had complete success for over a week!
He has had only 3 accidents which was when he was in timeout in his playpen, and I did not get him out in time. Other than that, he goes whenever he needs to. There are no rewards, no stickers, no M&Ms...just potty and continue about the day.
He was even successful during our first outing to the grocery store. We did have to go all the way to the front of the store to the restrooms twice, unload both boys from cart, go to small stall for pregnant Mama and 2 toddler boys, and have Levi screaming bloody murder every time a toilet flushed. But we were completely accident-free!!!
I know it is a whole new set of issues to come with a diaper-less child in public, and it will not be easy nor fun, but my goal was to not have 3 kids in diapers!!! I feel confident enough in the last week of success that I may have accomplished my goal!
2 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment